Question / Problem:
How to manually create a scan source in Kofax Express 3.2
Answer / Solution:
When Kofax Express 3.2 detects the presence of a certified scanner and its ISIS driver, it automatically creates the Kofax Express scan source. However, it has been observed that in certain circumstances the automatic source creation may not occur successfully.
Support for scanners that were certified for use with Kofax Express after the General Release of Kofax Express 3.2 can be added by installing the latest fix pack for Kofax Express 3.2. The latest fix pack can be downloaded from the Kofax Express 3.2 Downloads page.
To manually create a Kofax Express 3.2 scan source:
- Close Kofax Express
- Make sure that the scanner's ISIS driver is installed and working by loading the ISIS scan source in the TestAppN.exe application, located at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Kofax Express\bin\ScannerConfigUtil.exe
- Select the appropriate scanner from the list and click Configure Sources
- If no sources are present for the scanner, click Create Standard Sources.
- Note how the scanner make and model is listed in each standard source
- Click New
- In the Source Name field, enter
<scanner make and model> Kofax Source(where <scanner make and model> are the scanner's make and model exactly as they appear in the standard sources).
- In the Source Type field, select
Software VRS - ISIS scanning
- Click OK
- Select <scanner make and model> Kofax Source and click Set Device Default Source
- Click Close
- Select the scanner and click Set as Default
- Click Close to exit the Scanner Configuration Utility
- Open Kofax Express
- Under the Scan Settings tab, in the Scanner group, click Select
- The scanner should now appear in the list. Select it and click OK.