QAID # 21583 Published
Question / Problem:
Kofax Express 3.2 Client workstations are unable to connect to the Kofax Express 3.2 Server.
Answer / Solution:
If the Windows Firewall for the server computer is turned on, client workstations cannot connect to it.
To ensure that the connection between the server and client workstations is not blocked:
- Turn off the Windows Firewall on the server computer.
- While the Windows Firewall is turned on, add Net.TCP Port Sharing to the list of programs and services that are not blocked by the firewall, as explained below:
- On the server, start Control Panel and double-click Windows Firewall.
- On the Windows Firewall window, click the Exceptions tab.
- On the Exceptions tab, click Add Program.
- On the Add a Program screeen, click Browse and select the following path:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe
- On the Add a Program screen, confirm the path and click OK.
- On the Exceptions tab, confirm that
SMSvcHost.exeis selected on the list and click OK.