Job Missing When Launching Express
Article # 3035141 - Page views: 269
After launching Kofax Express 3.x it appears that a previously created Job is missing from the console.
This issue can occur if the Job files have become corrupted. In some instances this may be corrected if only when the header file has been affected.
To restore the Job when its header has become corrupted:
- Close the Kofax Express console by selecting the button in the upper left hand corner and selecting exit.
- Browse to the affected job
C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.1\Jobs\<Jobname>\D
- Backup the files in this directory
- Confirm that Job.JobHeader is blank or corrupted by right clicking on the file and select “Edit”.
Example of an undamaged header file:
JobHeader 2 8 %CommonApplicationData%\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.2\Batches 0 0 0 Batch002 -8587924874825066515
- Confirm that data is present in the
- Delete all session files that exist. They will end with a
- Replace the Job.Jobheader from another job such as the sample job “Patient Records”
C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.2\Jobs\<Other Job*>\D\Job.JobHeader
- Launch Kofax Express
- Depending on the job.header used it will default to a scan source of that header. “Patient Records” uses “Folderscan” so you will need to adjust the source accordingly by selecting Scan Settings| Select and pick the desired source.
- From a known working station, copy the whole job folder inside C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Kofax Express 3.2\Jobs\"JOB NAME" to the station where the job is lost.
Level of Complexity
Article # 3035141