What is the right procedure to apply "KofaxExportConnector-8.2.0_ForOpenTexteDOCS", on Kofax Express?
Please make sure you have the following pre-requisites softwares installed:
- "Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (VSTO)" at this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48217
- "OpenText eDOCS DM 16.x Extensions (x64)" or "OpenText eDOCS DM 16.x Extensions"
Assumung that the all above prerequisites software installed, please follow steps below to register the KEC into Kofax Express environment.
- Start Windows Explorer and navigate to the Express' bin folder.
- Copy the RegAscSc.exe.config to Desktop as backup copy.
- Copy the RegAscSc.exe.config to C:\Temp directory,
- Start Notepad utility and open the C:\Temp\RegAscSc.exe.config for edit, add the following lines after the <configuration> line:
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" />
<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
- Save the Notepad edit, and close it.
- Copy the C:\Temp\RegAscSc.exe.config to overwrite to the one in Express' bin folder.
- Start CMD as Administrator account. Change the directory to the Express' bin folder by executing the following command respectively depends on OS 64bit or 32bit:
CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Kofax Express\bin"
CD "C:\Program Files\Kofax\Kofax Express\bin"
- Run the following command at that CMD window:
RegAscSc.exe /f .\Kofax.eDocs.8\Kofax.eDocs.Export.inf
- The KEC will be registered into Express 3.2 environment.
- Replace the RegAscSc.exe.config from Desktop to Express' bin folder to reverse changes that have been made to the RegAscSc.exe.config file.
Level of Complexity
Add any references to other internal or external articles