QAID # 13572 Published
Question / Problem:
How to improve bar code recognition rates when using the Enhanced Bar Code (EBC) algorithm to read rectangular (ECC200) Data Matrix bar codes
Answer / Solution:
Yes. Starting with VRS 4.5 SP1, the Enhanced Bar Code (EBC) algorithm can be further fine-tuned in order to enhance bar code recognition for rectangular (ECC200) Data Matrix bar codes by editing the KBarMode.ini file.
To enable rectangular Data Matrix bar code recognition:
1. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Vrs
2. Create a new text file called KBarMode.ini if it does not already exist
3. Open KBarMode.ini in a text editor such as Notepad
4. Add the following lines if they do not already exist:
[Barcode] Algorithm=1 IniActive=1 DM_Rectangular=1
5. Save the changes to KBarMode.ini
6. Restart all applications and services that use VRS / ImageControls.
NOTE: Enabling recognition for rectangle bar codes in the KBarMode.INI file can reduce overall bar code recognition speed and accuracy.