QAID # 22280
Question / Problem:
When scanning with Kofax VRS 5.x, the Hole Fill feature damages bar codes near the edge of the page, rendering them unreadable.
Answer / Solution:
The Kofax VRS 5.x Hole Fill feature attempts to locate and fill the following types of holes within a frame of 150 pixels (1 inch at 300dpi, 1.5 inches at 200dpi) from all four edges of the page:
- Individual, normal-sized, round holes
- Individual, normal-sized, rectangular holes
- "Columns" of small, round holes (horizontal along the top and bottom edges, vertical along the left and right edges)
- "Columns" of small, rectangular holes (horizontal along the top and bottom edges, vertical along the left and right edges)
This issue can occur if the 1D barcode is located within the frame and the Hole Fill algorithm mistakes one or more of the bars in the bar code for either a normal-sized, rectangular hole or a column of small, rectangular holes.
To resolve this issue, Technical Support has created a special configuration file that will disable Rectangular Hole Fill and Small-hole Column Fill, while allowing the Hole Fill feature to continue filling individual round holes.
To turn off Rectangular Hole Fill and Small-hole Column Fill:
- Navigate to
- Download the HoleFill-RoundOnly.zip package.
- Unzip the
- Rename the unzipped
KPMVRSDF.iniand copy it into
- Restart any applications, modules, and/or services that use ImageControls/VRS.