QAID # 15890 Published
Question / Problem:
A Kofax VRS Elite scan source for the Canon DR-3080C ll takes 1-5 minutes to load.
Answer / Solution:
When configuring the Canon DR-3080Cll scanner with Kofax VRS Elite, it is necessary to install the driver for the scanner. The VRS 5.0 and 5.1 software does not automatically install a Component Installer or ISIS driver.
This behavior occurs when the Canon driver version 2.5.10806.23001 or higher is installed and configured with Kofax VRS 5.0 or 5.1.
VRS 4.5 Component Installer
- If Kofax VRS Elite is already installed, proceed to uninstall the software.
- Download and install VRS 4.5.
- Download and install the Component Installer for the Canon DR-3080Cll scanner.
- Load the VRS Scan Source in VCDemo.
- Verify that that the driver version is
- Upgrade to Kofax VRS Elite to retain the Kofax Certified driver
NOTE: The above steps will not work on a Windows 7 environment, as the driver that the Component Installer installs is not Windows 7 compatible.
Configure the VRS Scan source with the Canon DR-3080Cll TWAIN driver.
NOTE: This is a compatible, not certified, configuration.
The Canon DR-3080CII is no longer supported in Kofax VRS 5.1.1 and higher.