QAID # 10435 Published
Question / Problem:
How is User Account Control (UAC) disabled in Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, and 10?
Answer / Solution:
Generally with modern versions of Windows, User Account Control is enabled during installation of VRS. It is recommended to disable UAC when installing VRS and/or Kofax Capture and its components (which includes VRS) to avoid any permissions-related issues.
Turning off UAC
Use the following procedure to disable UAC. To perform the following procedure, you must be able to log on with or provide credentials of a member of the local Administrators group.
IMPORTANT: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.
To turn off UAC:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
- In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.
- In the User Accounts task window, click Tune User Account Control on or off.
- If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue.
- Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, then click OK.
- Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts window.