How to create a TWAIN scan source in Kofax VRS 5.x when the scanner is certified with the ISIS driver
If the scanner is certified for use with Kofax VRS 5.x with an ISIS scan source/driver, configuring a TWAIN scan source/driver would be considered a Compatible non-tested (non-certified) configuration.
Kofax cannot guarantee that all the features in TWAIN drivers that are not previously certified by Kofax will operate properly
- Install the TWAIN driver for the scanner (provided by the scanner manufacturer).
- Open the Kofax VRS Administration Console (VAC) | Scanner Configuration. The VAC can be accessed by going to Start ¦ Programs ¦ Kofax VRS ¦ Kofax VRS Administration Console
- Uncheck both the VRS-certified scanners and Scanners with configured sources checkboxes and click the Refresh button. There is also a drop-down box labeled Scanners by manufacturer; make sure it is set to "All".
- Expand the scanner manufacturer folder.
- Select the TWAIN driver for the scanner model in the list of scanners. If the scanner model is listed twice, hover the mouse over the scanner model listings to see which listing indicates the TWAIN driver.
- Click the Set as Default button.
- The TWAIN scan source is now configured and should be ready to scan.
All Compatible scan sources require a Workgroup-level Kofax VRS 5.x Elite license or higher, regardless of the license level required by the Certified scan source for the same scanner model (if one exists).
Level of Complexity
Article # 3033186