The Scanner model does not appear in the Kofax VRS 5.x Scanner Configuration screen even though it is listed as being certified for use with Kofax VRS 5.x in the online Scanner Configurator.
The scanner list in the Kofax VRS Administration Console's Scanner Configuration screen contains those scanners that were certified for use with Kofax VRS 5.x at the time that Kofax VRS 5.x was first released.
When Kofax certifies a scanner after the General Release of Kofax VRS 5.x, a Component Installer for that scanner is released on the Kofax VRS Product Release Downloads page.
Installing the Component Installer will:
- add the scanner to the VRS Administration Console's Scanner Configuration screen,
- install scanner model-specific settings, and
- select the scanner as the default scan source.
To add support for scanners that were certified for use with Kofax VRS 5.x after its General Release:
- Go to the Kofax VRS Product Release Downloads page
- Download the Component Installer for the Scanner based on the current VRS version.
- Install the Component Installer
Level of Complexity
Article # 3034012