How can a Kofax VRS Elite license be deactivated when there is no Internet connection?
To deactivate a license without an Internet connection:
- Open the Administration Console and click the License button.
- On the License panel, click Deactivate.
- A “Connection failed: Unable to contact the license server” message displays. Click OK.
"No internet connection message displays". Click OK to deactivate the license.
- The license will locally deactivate and a message will display. Click OK.
- At this stage, a new file named
deactivate.txtis created in the following directory:
This file will contain the license deactivation information as well as a link to the VRS deactivation Web site.
- The information contained in the
deactivate.txtfile will be used for the VRS deactivation Web site on a PC with Internet connectivity.
- On the VRS deactivation Web site,
- Enter the serial number and deactivation code from
deactivate.txtand click Deactivate.
- The message “Your license has been deactivated. The license code has been released” will be displayed, indicating a successful deactivation.
- The license can now be activated on another machine.
Level of Complexity
Article # 3032760