When trying to activate Kofax VRS license error:
"Upgrade license level does not match previous license level"
This is most likely the result of an improperly upgraded license.
- The VRS 4.5 or VRS OEM 5.x must be installed and licensed prior to upgrading to Kofax VRS Elite and activating the upgrade license.
- The upgrade license information should be activated after upgrading to Kofax VRS Elite.
In either of these cases, VRS must be uninstalled and re-installed in the proper order as noted below:
- Install the VRS OEM 5.X and configure the scanner (VRS OEM can be downloaded from Scanner vendor's site under scanner model downloads).
- Load the scanner and verify that a VRS OEM license is active.
IF APPLICABLE: Please do not forget to also download and install the ISIS driver from vendor's website.
After installing VRS make sure the OEM license is granted by
Reserve the scanner Source | Scanner | OK
scan at least one page.
No Demo logo or message will show when OEM license has been activated
Please Note: OEM licenses do not populate any information under VRS Admin Console | license. Fields will stay blank.
- Upgrade to Kofax VRS Elite. During the upgrade, enter the Elite upgrade license (UP-X005-0001)
Level of Complexity
|Kofax VRS OEM||5.2
Article # 3034501