Question / Problem:
What is the Best Practice for installing Kodak OEM VRS 22.214.171.124.0.2092 with Kofax Capture 11.0?
Answer / Solution:
When installing an OEM version of Kofax VRS with Kofax Capture 11.0, which installs Kofax VRS 126.96.36.199.0.1871 by default, always install the earliest build first. In the case of Kodak OEM 188.8.131.52.0.2092, Kofax Capture should be installed before Kodak OEM VRS.
To install Kodak OEM VRS 184.108.40.206.0.2092 with Kofax Capture 11.0:
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 using the Add Windows Features utility in the Control Panel's Programs and Features window.
- Install the Kodak scanner's ISIS driver
- Install Kofax Capture 11.0
- Install Kodak OEM VRS 220.127.116.11.0.2092
- Set the necessary VRS permissions as defined in the article: Kofax VRS Permissions on a Windows 7 - 10 system
- Perform a test scan in VCDemo.exe to confirm that the Kodak scan source is able to load successfully.
- Check the File Import sources in the VRSAdministrationConsole.exe Scanner Configuration screen to make sure that the Software Import and Kofax Ascent Capture Release Source were created successfully. If the sources were not created, use the instructions in the following article to manually create them: Cannot start module error when opening Kofax Capture Scan Module