QAID # 20206 Published
Question / Problem:
How to install and configure Kofax VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 Elite on a Kofax Total Agility 7.x workstation to use the VRS licensing bundled with the KTA license
Answer / Solution:
A standalone installation of Kofax VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 Elite does not look to a KTA 7.x license as a source of VRS licensing. Therefore, it is necessary to install a Kofax VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 Elite server installation on each workstation and point its Kofax License Utilty to the KTA License server.
To install Kofax VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 as a server installation on the KTA workstation and point its License Utility to the KTA License server:
DO NOT install Kofax VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 as a Server installation on the KTA License server, as this will break the KTA License service. Only install VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 as a Server installation on a KTA Workstation.
- From the Kofax VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 Elite installation media, run the
- When the VRS installer prompts for license information, click Cancel.
- Once the VRS installer has completed the installation, open the Kofax License Utility (Start Menu ¦ All Programs ¦ Kofax VRS ¦ Kofax License Utility)
- From the File menu, click Select Server.
- Enter the Hostname, Fully-Qualified Domain Name, or the IP Address of the KTA license server in the
Primary License Serverfield and click OK.
- The KTA license information, including any VRS station license(s) that may be bundled in the KTA license, will be displayed in the Kofax License Utility. After confirming that the license information is correct, close the Kofax License Utility.
While installing Kofax VRS as a Server installation on the scan station and pointing it to the KTA License Server will also work with Kofax VRS 5.1.2 and 5.2, changes were made to the Kofax VRS 5.1.2 and 5.2 installers that resolved the issues that made this method necessary in VRS 5.1 and 5.1.1.
For the preferred methods for installing Kofax VRS 5.1.2 and 5.2: