QAID # 13570 Published
Question / Problem:
Service Pack 1 for VRS 4.5 is not removed from the Add or Remove Programs (XP) or the Programs and Features (Vista and 7) module after uninstalling VRS 4.5.
Answer / Solution:
The workaround to this issue is as follows:
- Close the Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and 7) module as well as any other scanning applications.
Warning: Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Kofax cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of the Registry Editor can be solved.
Use the Registry Editor at your own risk.
NOTE: It is recommended to make a backup of the Windows Registry before modifying any settings. We suggest that you review the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- How to Modify the Windows Registry Article ID: 136393 — Last Review: August 17, 2007 - Revision: 1.6 (available as of the writing of this article).
- How to back up and restore the registry in Windows Article ID: 322756 — Last Review: October 22, 2009 - Revision: 8.1 (available as of the writing of this article).
- Edit the Windows Registry by using the Windows Run command to enter the following command:
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ¦ Software ¦ Microsoft ¦ Windows ¦ CurrentVersion ¦ Uninstall.
- Click on the SP1 GUID:
- Double-click on the object Key "NoRemove" and change the value to ‘0’. Save the change and exit the Registry Editor.
- Open the Add or Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and 7) module and select the VRS 4.5 SP1 component to uninstall.
This issue has been documented as SPR 58290.