Question / Problem:
How to Uninstall Kofax VRS using the WMIC command when VRS is not listed in Programs and Features
Answer / Solution:
There are a number of reasons why an installation of Kofax VRS may not be listed in Programs and Features:
- Kofax Capture 10.x or 11.x silently installed Kofax VRS
- The Kofax VRS installation became corrupted
- An error during installation resulted in a partial installation of Kofax VRS
The following procedure is intended to be performed on Standalone installations of Kofax VRS or on Kofax Capture Workstations only. Do not perform the following steps on a Kofax Capture Server unless explicitly instructed to do so by Kofax Technical Support.
To Uninstall Kofax VRS using the WMIC Command:
1. Close all processes that use Kofax VRS / ImageControls (including all Kofax Capture modules)
2. Start Services.msc
3. Stop all Kofax services (including Kofax Import Connector, Kofax Front Office Server, Remote Syncronization Agent, and Transformation services) except for the Kofax Capture Service itself.
4. Stop all custom export connector services and custom module services.
5. Verify that the Remote Synchronization Agent is not running.
regedit.exe and backup the following registry key:
- 64-bit Windows:
- 32-bit Windows:
7. Open Command Prompt "as Administrator"
8. Execute the following command:
WMIC product where name="Kofax VRS" call uninstall
9. Wait for the WMIC process to display a Return Code. This may take several minutes.
10. The WMIC process will return code
0 when VRS has been removed successfully.
If the WMIC process returns any code other than 0, an error occurred uninstalling Kofax VRS. If this occurs, make sure that all processes and services that use Kofax VRS / ImageControls are not running and execute the command again.
A Process Monitor trace can be useful in determining which processes and/or services are accessing Kofax VRS files and folders.