QAID # 18061 Published
Question / Problem:
How to uninstall Kofax VRS 4.5 when it does not appear in the Windows Control Panel's list of installed Programs and Features
Answer / Solution:
Kofax Capture 9 installs Kofax VRS 4.5 silently, causing it to not appear as a separate line item in the Windows Control Panel's list of installed Programs and Features. However, in certain cases it may be necessary to uninstall Kofax VRS 4.5 without completely uninstalling Kofax Capture.
To uninstall Kofax VRS 4.5:
- If Kofax VRS 4.5 is using a local software license, deactivate the license using the Deactivate.exe utility and record the Part Number, Serial Number, and Product Code for later use.
- Locate the Kofax Capture 9.0 installation media and note the path where \VirtualReScan 4.5\setup.exe is stored.
- Open the Run window and enter the path to the Kofax VRS 4.5 setup.exe file (encompassed by quotation marks) followed by the /x switch.
From the Kofax Capture 9.0 Installation DVD (where <DVD> is the drive letter of the DVD drive):
"<DVD>:\Kofax Capture\Prerequisites\VirtualReScan 4.5\setup.exe"/x
From the Kofax Capture 9.0 Share (where <Server> is the network server path):
- After the uninstaller has completed, delete the ImgCtls folder and its remaining contents. The ImgCtls folder is commonly located in one of the following locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Capture\ImgCtls
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\CaptureSS\ServerLib\ImgCtls
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\ImgCtls
- Delete the following folder and its remaining contents:
Note: Once Kofax VRS 4.5 has been uninstalled, either Kofax VRS 4.5 or another supported version of Kofax VRS must be installed for Kofax Capture to function properly.