Question / Problem:
How to uninstall Kofax VRS Elite 5.1 when it does not appear in the Windows Control Panel's list of installed Programs and Features
Answer / Solution:
Kofax Capture users who have upgraded their VRS Elite installation to VRS Elite 5.1, may notice that a separate line item for VRS Elite 5.1 does not appear in the Windows Control Panel's list of installed Programs and Features. This is due to VRS Elite 5.1 being installed as an upgrade of the silently installed VRS Eltie 5.0. However, in certain cases, it may be necessary to uninstall VRS Elite 5.1 without completely uninstalling Kofax Capture.
To uninstall Kofax VRS Elite 5.1:
- If Kofax VRS 5.1 is using a local software license, deactivate the license using the Kofax VRS Administration Console and record the Part Number, Serial Number, and Product Code for later use.
- Locate the VRS Elite 5.1 installation media and note the path where setup.exe is stored.
- Open the Run window and enter the path to the VRS 5.1 setup.exe file (encompassed by quotation marks) followed by the /x switch.
"<VRS 5.1 Installation Media path>\setup.exe" /x
- After the uninstaller has completed, delete the ImgCtls folder and its remaining contents.
The ImgCtls folder is commonly located in one of the following locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\Capture\ImgCtls
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\CaptureSS\ServerLib\ImgCtls
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kofax\ImgCtls
- Delete the following folder and its remaining contents:
Note: Once Kofax VRS Elite 5.1 has been uninstalled, either Kofax VRS Elite 5.1 or another supported version of Kofax VRS must be installed for Kofax Capture to function properly.