QAID # 14542 Published
Question / Problem:
What is the correct procedure for upgrading from VRS 4.x to Kofax VRS Elite?
Answer / Solution:
In order to successfully upgrade from VRS 4.x to Kofax VRS Elite, it is recommended to follow the steps outlined below:
- Verify that the Scanner Configuration Utility (SCU) is closed.
- Close all scanning applications that may reserve VRS.
- Verify that a valid Kofax VRS Elite license is available for the new installation.
Note: If upgrading from VRS 4.x to Kofax VRS Elite with a
UP-xxxx-xxxxlicense, please verify that the current VRS 4.x license is active.
- Proceed to run the installation for Kofax VRS Elite.
- Click on the OK button to confirm the removal of VRS 4.x.
- The installation for Kofax VRS Elite will continue to the point where the License panel in the Kofax VRS Administration Console is displayed.
Note: It is possible to continue the installation of Kofax VRS Elite without activating a license.
- Proceed to fill in the User Identification and License Information.
- Once the User identification and License information is filled out, click the Activate button.
- Click OK on the Kofax VRS is Active window.
- The installation for Kofax VRS Elite will continue to the Scanner Configuration panel in the Kofax VRS Administration Console window.
- Proceed to select the desired scanner make and model or click Next to configure this later.
- Click the Finish button once the setup has completed.