QAID # 17668 Published
Question / Problem:
When attempting to upgrade the Canon OEM VRS 4.x or 5.x software to VRS Elite (5.x) with an upgrade license (UP-X005-0001), the license activation fails with the following error message:
License level does not match previous license level
Answer / Solution:
This is most likely the result of an improperly upgraded license.
- The Canon VRS 4.5 or 5.X OEM must be installed and licensed prior to upgrading to Kofax VRS Elite and activating the upgrade license.
- The upgrade license information should be activated after upgrading to Kofax VRS Elite.
In either of these cases, VRS must be uninstalled and re-installed in the proper order as noted below:
- Install the Canon OEM VRS 4.5 or 5.X and configure the scanner.
- Load the scanner and verify that a VRS OEM license is active.
- Upgrade to Kofax VRS Elite. During the upgrade, enter the Elite upgrade license (UP-X005-0001)