Question / Problem:
How to move a VRS Server license from one server to another server.
Answer / Solution:
To move a Kofax VRS Server license to a new Server installation of Kofax VRS:
1. Install Kofax VRS as a Server Installation on the new server.
2. Navigate to the Request Temporary Kofax Capture / Ascent Capture Activation Code page on the Kofax Web site.
3. Fill out the form on the page
4. Fill out all the contact and product information
5. Enter in the serial number and select
All other products and/or versions for the Version drop down
6. In the Reason dropdown list, select the
Move Software License option.
7. Click the Request button. The page will generate a temporary license activation code, which is good for five days from the point of generation.
8. On the new VRS Server, activate the license in the Kofax License Utility using the temporary license activation code.
9. Within the five day period, the Kofax Sales Department will send a confirmation email stating that the license move has been completed. Once that confirmation email has been received, reactivate the license in the Kofax License Utility to remove the Expiration Date from the license.
10. Reinstall VRS on the client stations by running the Kofax VRS.msi from the Deployment folder on the server. This will point the clients to the new server.
11. Uninstall VRS from the old server.