QAID # 22157 Published
Question / Problem:
After installing Kofax VRS 5.1.1, loading a VRS scan source does not decrement the Kofax VRS Elite license line item on the Kofax Capture license, resulting in the following error message:
A valid license to operate VRS could not be found, or VRS is installed in demo mode. Images will be stamped with the Kofax.
Answer / Solution:
Kofax VRS 5.1.1 contains changes to the methods that it uses to obtain VRS licensing from the Kofax License Service (KSAL). This issue has been documented in TFS 835804 and has been resolved in Fix Pack 1 for VRS 5.1.1.
To resolve this issue:
Install the latest fix pack for VRS 5.1.1
- Close all modules, applications, and services that use ImageControls.
- Navigate to
- Open KofaxReg.xml in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Locate the following line:
<INSTALLTYPE Value="Standalone" />
- Change the
INSTALLTYPEValue to Workstation:
<INSTALLTYPE Value="Workstation" />
- Save the changes to the file and exit the text editor.
- Open the Kofax License Utility.
- From the File menu, select Activate.
- Click Automatic to reactivate the Kofax Capture license.
VCDemo.exeand load the scan source to confirm that it is now obtaining the Kofax VRS Elite license line item from the Capture license.