QAID # 11475 Published
Question / Problem:
Attempts to load a VRS scan source result in the following error message:
A valid license to operate VRS could not be found, or VRS is installed in demo mode. Images will be stamped with the Kofax logo.
Answer / Solution:
This message can be caused by one of the following:
- The Part Number, Serial Number and Product Code are not entered in the VRS 4.x Activate VRS utility / VRS 5.x Administration Console Licensing screen.
- VRS 4.x license USB dongle is not installed.
- Adrenaline 650i with on-board VRS 4.x license is not installed. (Model 650iLV, 650iMV, 650iHV or 650iPV).
- If using distributed licensing from a Kofax Capture server, all available VRS licenses may be reserved by other scan stations.
- If you are encountering this error message using a scanner with its specific OEM version of VRS, please see: QAID 7167, QAID 7524.