Question / Problem:
Selecting a Kofax TotalAgility 7.5.x or higher Scan/VRS profile does not load a matching Kofax VRS profile prior to scanning.
Answer / Solution:
When scanning from a KTA 7.5 Scan Form, the WebCapture Service does not load the Kofax VRS profile that is named the same as the selected KTA Scan/VRS Profile until the Scan button is clicked. Therefore, selecting the Scan/VRS Profile in the Scanner Settings screen and then checking the VRS system tray icon for the currently loaded VRS profile prior to scanning is not a valid test for ensuring that the proper VRS profile will be loaded at scan time.
This is the expected behavior and is considered to be "as-designed".
To confirm that the WebCapture Service is loading the VRS Profile that is named the same as the Scan/VRS Profile:
- In the Scan Form, select Scanner Settings
- Select Kofax Software VRS - TWAIN as the scan source
- Select the desired Scan/VRS Profile
- Click OK
- Perform a test scan
- Right-click the VRS icon in the system tray and select Profiles
- Confirm whether the VRS profile that matches the name of the selected Scan/VRS Profile is enabled