What features are included in the Kofax VRS 5.x Elite and Kofax VRS 5.x OEM Basic versions?
Both the Kofax VRS 5.x Elite license and Kofax VRS 5.x OEM Basic license provide the Kofax VRS 5.x Basic feature set and the AIPE feature set. However, a Kofax VRS 5.x Elite license is necessary to unlock the Kofax VRS 5.x Elite feature set.
|Feature||Kofax VRS 5.x Elite||Kofax VRS 5.x Basic|
|Auto Contrast, Intelligent Cleanup||X|
|Auto Color Detection||X|
|Blank Page Detection||X|
|AIPE Features||X (scan and file import)|
|Enhanced Bar Code (EBC) Engine||X (Workgroup- and Production-level only)|
|Multicore Processing – CGA||X||X|
|Device Health – Local||X|
|Device Health – SNMP||X|
- Auto Contrast and Intelligent Cleanup are two separate settings in VRS 5.0. In VRS 4.x, these settings were a part of the Advanced Clarity feature.
- AIPE Features include Annotation/Endorser Support, Bar Code Recognition, Black Border Removal, Deshade, Deskew, Despeckle, Forms Recognition, Image Filtering, Line Removal, Patch Code Recognition, and Streak Removal.
- AIPE Features are not included in the Kofax VRS 5.0 Basic feature set. AIPE Features (at scan time only) were added to the VRS 5.1.x Basic feature set.
- Enhanced Bar Code recognition is only available at scan-time with VRS software licensing. Enhanced Bar Code recognition during import requires a hardware EBC license.
- Multicore Processing is only available with a Production-level Kofax VRS 5.x Elite license in Kofax VRS 5.0 and 5.1. In Kofax VRS 5.1.1 and higher, Multicore Processing is available with Desktop-level, Workgroup-level, and Production-level Kofax VRS 5.x Elite licenses.
Level of Complexity
Add any references to other internal or external articles
Article # 3033108