What are the required Patch Code specifications to ensure that the Kofax VRS / ImageControls can recognize a Patch Code?
Kofax VRS / ImageControls can recognize Patch Codes that meet the following specifications:
Patch Code Position:
- The patch code must be horizontal to the leading edge of the page
- The top edge of the patch code must be at least 0.20 inches from the leading edge of the page.
- The bottom edge of the patch code be within 3.75 inches from the leading edge of the page
- Patch Codes are only recognized on Front-Side images (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, etc. images received from the scanner) when scanning in Duplex mode
Patch Code Size:
- The narrow bars must be 0.08 inch in height
- The wide bars must be 0.20 inch in height
- The entire patch code must be 0.80 inch in height
- The entire patch code must be at least 2 inches wide
Patch Code Types:
The Patch Code samples above are not to scale and are only intended to visually identify the unique bar pattern for each Patch Code Type.
Level of Complexity
Article # 3033091