Question / Problem:
How to enable long scanning when using a BÖWE BELL + HOWELL Spectrum 8000 series or Fujitsu fi-4860c or fi-4990c scanner with VRS 4.x
Answer / Solution:
In previous versions of Hardware VRS, scanning was limited to a maximum length of 17 inches. Starting in VRS 3.0, the maximum length has been increased to capture a document with a length of 36 inches when using the BÖWE BELL + HOWELL Spectrum 8000 series or Fujitsu fi-4860c or fi-4990c scanners.To take advantage of this feature, the Continuous Sheet option needs to be selected in the Scanner Properties.
In order to test this feature:
- Launch the demonstration application, VCDem32p.exe.
- Select Source ¦ Scanner and choose the appropriate VRS source.
- Once the source has loaded, select Source ¦ Properties to view the scanner properties.
- In the Other section of the Scanner Properties window, put a check in Continuous Sheet to enable the feature.
It is also suggested to set the Paper Size to Maximum, to ensure that the entire document is captured.
- Once the settings have been modified, click OK to close the Scanner Properties window.
- When ready to scan, select Source ¦ Process Image and the entire document up to 36 inches should be captured.
|Scanner Make||Scanner Model|
|Bell & Howell||8080DB|
|Bell & Howell||8080DC|
|Bell & Howell||8080SB|
|Bell & Howell||8080SC|
|Bell & Howell||8100DB|
|Bell & Howell||8100DC|
|Bell & Howell||8125DB|
|Bell & Howell||8125DC|