QAID # 11986 Published
Question / Problem:
When trying to load a scan source through a scanning application using Kofax VRS 4.5, the following error occurs:
Error 20125 – “Scanner not responding, check card, power and cable.”
Answer / Solution:
error 20125 is a general Kofax error message that occurs when the software is unable to communicate to the scanner.
Outlined below are some steps for troubleshooting this error:
- Power off the scanner.
- Remove the USB or SCSI cable from the port on the back of the scanner.
- Power the scanner back on while disconnected from the USB or SCSI cable.
- Allow the scanner to completely boot until in ready mode.
- Once in ready mode, leave the scanner on for approximately 10-15 seconds.
- Power off the scanner and reconnect the USB or SCSI cable.
- Power on the scanner and check the Device Manager for Imaging Devices.
NOTE: If the scanner is configured as SCSI, the PC will also need to be power cycled once the scanner is attached and turned on.