QAID # 8283 Published
Question / Problem:
How to create a TWAIN scan source in Kofax VRS 4.x when the scanner is certified with the ISIS driver
Answer / Solution:
If the scanner is certified for use with Kofax VRS 4.x with an ISIS scan source/driver, then configuring a TWAIN scan source/driver would be a compatible non-tested (non-certified) configuration. Kofax cannot guarantee that any TWAIN drivers that are not previously certified by Kofax will operate properly.
- Load the TWAIN driver for the scanner (provided by the scanner manufacturer).
- Open the Scanner Configuration Utility. The utility can be accessed by going to the Control Panel and double clicking on the KSM icon, or by going to Start ¦ Programs ¦ Kofax VRS ¦ Scanner Configuration Utility.
- Un-check both "VRS-certified scanners" and "Scanners with configured sources" and click the Refresh button. There is also a drop-down box labeled "Scanners by manufacturer"; make sure it is set to "All".
- You should see a group of folders that have different scanner manufacturers; find your scanner manufacturer folder.
- Find the TWAIN driver in the list of scanners. You may see your scanner model listed twice, but one may be a TWAIN version of the scanner and the other an ISIS version of it. You will need to hover your mouse over the scanner models; only then will you be able to see what type of driver they are using. Find your scanner model with the TWAIN driver.
- Once you have found your scanner with a TWAIN driver, you can then configure the source. Select the "Configure Sources" button.
- In the new window that appears, click the Create Standard Sources button. You will see four sources that are automatically created; please choose your desired default scan source and click the "Set Device Default Source" button.
- Click the Close button and you will have to set the scanner as the default again by clicking the "Set as Default" button (in the original window, where all of the different scanners are listed) and then click the Close button one more time.
The TWAIN scan source is now configured and should be ready to scan.