Question / Problem:
How to configure a Kofax VRS Client installation to pull Shared Profiles from a particular subfolder on the VRS Server installation
Answer / Solution:
Fix 6485 for VRS 5.1 added functionality to allow the administrator of a Kofax VRS Server/Client environment to divide Shared Profiles into subfolders so that certain VRS Client stations would only download the Shared Profiles intended for them from the subfolder. This functionality is also available in VRS 5.1.1 and 5.1.2.
To configure each VRS Client station to download Shared Profiles from a particular subfolder:
1. On each VRS client station, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Kofax\Vrs
2. Open KofaxReg.xml in a text editor such as Notepad.
3. Add the following tag under
ProfileABC is the name of the subfolder containing the Shared VRS Profiles to be used by the Client station):
<SERVERPROFILEFOLDER Value="ProfileABC" />
<Registry> <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> <SOFTWARE> <KOFAX> ... <VIRTUALRESCAN> <SERVERPROFILEFOLDER Value="ProfileABC" /> ... </VIRTUALRESCAN> </KOFAX> </HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>
4. Save the changes to KofaxReg.xml
5. Once the tag is added, the VRS server will store client's profiles and training data in the following location on the VRS Server (where
ProfileABC is the name of the subfolder defined in the KofaxReg.xml):