QAID # 14224 Published
Question / Problem:
How to install a New Kofax VRS Elite client configuration
Answer / Solution:
Before installing Kofax VRS as a client, ensure that a Kofax VRS standalone configuration is not installed on the PC. Installing a client configuration over an existing Kofax VRS standalone installation will cause conflicts with the Auto Profile migration and the client licensing.
Installing a Kofax VRS client configuration:
- On the client workstation, close all applications and turn off User Account Control (UAC) if in a Windows 7/Vista environment
- Navigate to the Deployment folder on the Kofax VRS server PC and copy the "Kofax VRS.msi" file to the client workstation:
- On the client workstation, run "Kofax VRS.msi"
- On the Welcome screen, click Next to proceed with the setup.
During the setup, accept the Kofax VRS license agreement and specify a location to install the Kofax VRS client.
- Click Install to start the installation.
The Kofax VRS Administration Console ¦ Scanner Configuration panel appears.
- On the list, point to the name of the scanner and click Next
- Click Finish when notified that the installation is complete