Question / Problem:
How to migrate Shared VRS Profiles and AutoProfile data to a New VRS Server installation
Answer / Solution:
Shared VRS Profiles and AutoProfile data are stored in the following location on the VRS Server:
\Shared folder and all its contents from the existing VRS Server to the same location on the new server installation of VRS will migrate the data to the new VRS Server.
To migrate the Shared VRS Profile data and AutoProfile data to a new VRS Server:
- Once Kofax VRS 5.x has been installed as a server installation on the new VRS Server, navigate to the following location on the existing VRS Server:
- Copy the \Shared folder from the existing VRS Server and paste it into the same location on the new VRS Server:
If the new VRS Server has Kofax VRS 5.1.2 or higher installed, but some of the VRS Client installations have VRS 5.1.1 or lower installed, an issue may occur with AutoProfile Training set data that can cause VRS 5.1.1 or lower clients to become unresponsive:
- AutoProfile Training sets created on a VRS 5.1.1 or lower client station can be used with VRS 5.1.2 or higher
- AutoProfile Training sets created on a VRS 5.1.2 or higher client station cannot be used by VRS 5.1.1 or lower client stations.
To avoid this issue, Kofax recommends the following:
- Until such time that all VRS Client stations can be upgraded to VRS 5.1.2 or higher, only publish AutoProfile Training sets that were created from VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 client stations
- If an AutoProfile Training set is published from a VRS 5.1.2 or higher client station, retrain and republish the data from a client station where VRS 5.1 or 5.1.1 is installed.