Question / Problem:
How can VRS 5.x client be upgraded without affecting the connection to the server?
Answer / Solution:
In order to upgrade a VRS client to a new version please follow steps below:
- Download and run the VRS 5.1.2.x setup.exe from the downloaded media folder (delivery.kofax.com)
- When prompted by the installer select: "Stand alone" and continue with the prompts until the upgrade installation has been completed.
- After the upgrade has been completed, the Server Name needs to be manually updated in the following file:
- Open Kofaxreg.xml in a text editor such as Notepad and locate the following line:
<SHAREDELEMENTSERVER_VALUE=" " />
- Add the hostname, IP Address, or Fully Qualified Domain Name of the server that hosts the server installation of Kofax VRS.:
- Save the changes to KofaxReg.xml
- Launch VCDemo and load a scan source to confirm that the client is connecting to the server and is granted the license.
VRS 5.1.2 uses newer classification library than VRS 5.1.1 and 5.1. So, DO NOT publish 5.1.2 client profiles to VRS 5.1.0 or VRS 5.1.1 server.