Error loading DLL Error 48 when loading a Hardware VRS scan source
Article # 3033187 - Page views: 736
When connecting to an HVRS scan source with VRS, the following error message is reported:
Error 48 – error loading DLL
- Open VRS Administration Console
- Under Scanner Configuration | Scanner Source | Configure sources. Delete all current sources.
- When all sources has been deleted click on Create standard sources
- Close out of VRS Administration Console
- Test using scanning application like VCDemo or VRS Test Console
If the error is seen on a 64-bit operating system, run the
ScannerSupport.exe file, located in the Kofax ASPI drivers folder of the VRS installation media.
ScannerSupport.exe will install the ASPI driver for known HVRS OEM scanners.
The executable creates an installation parameter ("ASPI=0") that will allow connection to the scanner without need for an additional ASPI layer installation.
Level of Complexity
Article # 3033187