A PDF file that imports successfully into VCDemo on one scan station, fails to import into VCDemo on another scan station, despite both stations having the same build of Kofax VRS installed.
This issue can occur if the PDF file references one or more non-embedded fonts that are not installed on the PC.
Electronically generated PDF files (as opposed to PDF files generated from scanning a physical page) contain text and references to the fonts that should be used when rendering the text. Most PDF creation applications provide the following options:
- Fully embed the entire font
- Partially embed only the font characters used in the text
- Reference the font (trusting that the font will be installed by Windows on most machines)
If a font is referenced but not embedded, and the PDF Import engine cannot find the font installed in the Windows font list, the engine cannot render the test using the referenced font and the import will fail.
- Determine which fonts have been referenced in the PDF file by viewing the file's Properties in Adobe Acrobat Reader or Kofax PowerPDF
- View the list of installed fonts in Control Panel | Fonts
- Download and install any fonts that are referenced by the PDF file and not currently listed as being installed.
Level of Complexity