Attempts to load a scan source result in the following error:
Error 20393: Unknown ISIS Error
Error 20393 means that the scanner's ISIS driver is reporting an error that the Kofax software cannot interpret.
This can mean that there is an error on the scanner that will need to be addressed. However, this more often means that there is a communication error caused by the scanner driver itself. It is possible that the scanner's ISIS driver version is either corrupted or not compatible with the Kofax software.
- Check the scanner's front panel for any error codes.
- If an error code is present, refer to the manufacturer's documentation for instructions resolving the error code.
- Navigate to C:\Windows
- Rename setscan.ini to setscan.old
- Load the scan source in the scanning application or VCDemo. This will recreate the scan.ini file.
- Open VRS Administration Console | Scanner Configuration
- Select the scanner Model and click on Configure sources
- If sources are created then select each one and Delete them then
- Click on Create on Standard sources
- Close and test in VCDemo
Uninstall and reinstall the scanner's ISIS driver
Level of Complexity