Article # 3033022 - Page views: 175
Attempts to load a VRS scan source result in the following error message:
A valid license to operate VRS could not be found, or VRS is installed in demo mode. Images will be stamped with the Kofax logo.
This error occurs when VRS cannot detect a valid license. Possible causes include:
- A Standalone Software VRS license has not been activated in the VRS Administration Console
- All VRS licenses from a centralized license server (Kofax Capture, Kofax TotalAgility, or VRS Server) are already being used
- Connectivity issue preventing VRS from drawing licensing from the centralized license server (Kofax Capture, Kofax TotalAgility, or VRS Server)
- Using a non-qualified scanner with an OEM version of VRS.
Possible solutions include:
- Activate a Kofax VRS 5.x Elite Standalone Software license in the VRS Administration Console's Licensing screen
- Make sure that the centralized license service is running on the (Kofax Capture, Kofax TotalAgility, VRS Server) server and resolve any connectivity issues with a centralized license server
- Use a qualified scan source with an OEM version of VRS.
Level of Complexity
|Avision OEM VRS||5.1||ALL||ALL||N/A|
|Canon OEM VRS||5.2
|Fujitsu OEM VRS||5.1||ALL||ALL||N/A|
|HP OEM VRS||5.2
|Kodak OEM VRS||5.1.1