QAID # 1574 Published
Question / Problem:
Does Kofax have any guidelines on when, where and how to remove noise from a certain type of document??
Answer / Solution:
Yes, follow these general rules for removing noise from a document:
- If you have batches of mixed documents with varying quality, never use the speckle removal filter. You could risk losing information on documents.
- If the noise was produced by bleed-through of text from the backside or by background patterns such as on a boarding pass, decrease the contrast.
- If text starts to disappear as well, compensate by lowering the Brightness slider.
- If the noise is produced by shaded backgrounds, gradients, or dark-colored paper, increase the brightness.
- If you have only 1 or 2 kinds of documents with consistent quality, try to apply various levels of the speckle removal filters.
- If the filter removes part of the characters even at low levels of the speckle removal filter, apply the rules for mixed batches.