Question / Problem:
What is the Kofax VRS 5.x QC Later feature and how does it work with Kofax Capture 9.0, 10.x, and 11.x?
Answer / Solution:
The Kofax VRS 5.x QC Later feature allows Kofax Capture 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, and 11.0 users to review and correct certain problem scanned images after the batch has completed scanning. QC Later can be configured to flag images with the following issues for review and correction at a later time:
- Auto Profile Confidence Too Low (VRS 5.x Elite only)
- Brightness Out of Range
- Color Confidence Too Low
- Contrast Out of Range
- Auto Crop Failure - Page Boundary Not Detected
- Auto Deskew Failure
QC Later is only available in Kofax Capture modules that support scanning when a Workgroup- or Production-level VRS license is in use.
To use QC Later:
- Run VRSAdministrationConsole.exe.
- In the Warnings Table, adjust the Threshold to the desired level and set the Action to Interactive for each condition that should trigger the image to be flagged for QC Later. (Example: If the Brightness Out of Range (+/-) is set to 5, and the Action is set to Interactive, any image whose Brightness level is over 55 or under 45 will be flagged for QC Later.)
- In the Errors table, set the Action to Interactive for each condition that should trigger the image to be flagged for QC Later. (Example: Setting the Action for Auto Crop Failure to Interactive will cause any image whose page boundaries could not be detected to be flagged for QC Later.)
- Save the changes and close the VRS Administration Console.
- Load a VRS scan source in the Scan module or other scan-enabled Kofax Capture module.
- Right-click the VRS icon in the System Tray and select Adjust Quality.
- From the Adjust Quality menu, select QC Later.
During scanning, if VRS flags an image for QC Later, that image will be marked as rejected. The rejection note will indicate that the image is “Flagged for VRS QC Later”. The image can then be corrected in the Scan module or Quality Control module.
If one or more images are not corrected in the Scan module, the Batch will be routed to the Quality Control module where the image can then be corrected.
To correct the image in the Scan module or Quality Control module:
- Right-click the image and select VRS QC Later.
- The scanned image will open in the VRS Interactive Viewer, where it can be reviewed and corrected.
- When finished, click the OK button to apply the corrections and exit the VRS Interactive Viewer.
Once the OK button in the VRS Interactive Viewer has been clicked, additional image quality changes cannot be made to that image.
For more information on QC Later, please see the documentation included with the Kofax Capture product.