Question / Problem:
What features are included in the Kofax VRS 5.x Elite and Kofax VRS 5.x OEM Basic versions?
Answer / Solution:
Both the Kofax VRS 5.x Elite license and Kofax VRS 5.0 OEM Basic license provide the Kofax VRS 5.x Basic feature set and the AIPE feature set. However, a Kofax VRS 5.x Elite license is necessary to unlock the Kofax VRS 5.0 Elite feature set.
|Feature||Kofax VRS 5.x Elite||Kofax VRS 5.x Basic|
|Auto Contrast, Intelligent Cleanup||X|
|Auto Color Detection||X|
|Blank Page Detection||X|
|AIPE Features||X (scan and file import)|
|Enhanced Bar Code (EBC) Engine||X (Workgroup- and Production-level only)|
|Multicore Processing – CGA||X||X|
|Device Health – Local||X|
|Device Health – SNMP||X|
- Auto Contrast and Intelligent Cleanup are two separate settings in VRS 5.0. In VRS 4.x, these settings were a part of the Advanced Clarity feature.
- AIPE Features include Annotation/Endorser Support, Bar Code Recognition, Black Border Removal, Deshade, Deskew, Despeckle, Forms Recognition, Image Filtering, Line Removal, Patch Code Recognition, and Streak Removal.
- AIPE Features are not included in the Kofax VRS 5.0 Basic feature set. AIPE Features (at scan time only) were added to the VRS 5.1.x Basic feature set.
- Enhanced Bar Code recognition is only available at scan-time with VRS software licensing. Enhanced Bar Code recognition during import requires a hardware EBC license.
- Multicore Processing is only available with a Production-level Kofax VRS 5.x Elite license in Kofax VRS 5.0 and 5.1. In Kofax VRS 5.1.1 and higher, Multicore Processing is available with Desktop-level, Workgroup-level, and Production-level Kofax VRS 5.x Elite licenses.
To determine the proper license-level for the scanner, please refer to the Scanner Configurator.